Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September Top 5 - 2009

This was my top 5 for September 2009

Click the play button next to any song to listen



  1. Heart Skipped A Beat - The xx
    The xx’s debut album, XX, was released via Rough Trade Records. The youthful London based quartet mixes soft, conversational like vocals, with down-tempo melodies, and the result is completely mood altering. See/Hear more of The xx HERE.


  2. Roads - Nickelus F & Portishead
    The gist: Nickelus F raps over Portishead songs. I've heard this same concept done badly, but most of the tracks on Nick F's R.A.R.E. (Reliving A Real Experience) work quite well.


  3. Uprising - Muse
    This track is one of my two favorites from the latest Muse record. I can't help but think of The Timelords/The KLF's Doctorin' the Tardis every time I listen.


  4. High Hopes - Paolo Nutini
    I never got into Paolo's debut record but after my friend Lew sang the praises of his sophmore effort and I was fortunate enough to hear him and his band perform an acoustic version of this track and several others at my office, I really warmed to his music.


  5. Sixteen Tons - Lipbone Redding
    As difficult as it is to believe at times, that’s not a trumpet or trombone you’re hearing…it’s a human voice. Lipbone is the Jazz/Blues/Soul version of a human beat-box.

Paolo Nutini performs High Hopes live @ Tropical Pizza Radio
modern blue-eyed soul


Muse - Uprising VIDEO

No comments: